Serving Our Catholic Families
Each year, many inquiries are received in our office by Catholic families as to whether or not Willowbrook accepts their faith into our Association. We want to be very clear that we are a non-denominational/non-sectarian cemetery. We proudly accept all faiths, those who may simply be spiritual or those who choose not to follow any faith at all.
Willowbrook Cemetery recorded it’s first Catholic burial on May 22, 1876 to a David Bothwell of Westport, who originated from Ireland. Since then, our cemetery grounds have been blessed by a Cardinal, several Bishops and many Monsignors and Priests, as they were invited to ceremonies throughout the span of 142 years.
Here are a few examples of why more area Catholic families are choosing Willowbrook over the Diocese cemeteries:
1) The unmatched beauty of our grounds.
2) Our leniency with restrictions: you can build a private family mausoleum; install landscaping with certain number of property purchased; you may choose an upright stone; place flowers at the grave or an object symbolizing respect for your loved one, without it being removed the following day.
3) Your religious requirement will be met with the consecration of your plot/grave.
4) You are buried amongst your life-long friends/neighbors/etc who happen to be of another faith, who have close meaning to you or your family - and not be segregated from them.
5) Willowbrook is run by local business leaders/familiar faces who you know and trust - and as plot owners, you are the owners of the cemetery and have voting rights.
This is why Willowbrook Cemetery, a non-profit 501(c)(3) serves two-times more families each year, than all other cemeteries combined in Westport/Weston/Wilton.
Come by and see why Willowbrook Cemetery has become the first choice.