5 Advantages Of Urn Vaults
If you are considering a cremation for a deceased loved one, you’d also need to decide which receptacle would hold the ashes and where you would ultimately want to place them. While some families prefer to keep the ashes in their home, others choose to bury them and urn vaults are a popular option for this purpose. There are a number of advantages to opting for urn vaults such as:
1. Safe storage- These vaults are a very safe way to store the ashes. They protect the remains from elements such as insects, moisture and rot.
2. Strong- They are sturdy and strong and are able to withstand the stress of the soil around them. In addition, since there is constant digging at cemeteries, the urn vault protects the urn from damage. They also help prevent sinkholes from forming in the cemetery and improve the grave’s stability.
3. Lightweight- The vaults are lightweight which makes it easier to transport them from the funeral home to the gravesite or any other location if required.
4. Affordable- Urn vaults are very cost-effective and a good option if you are on a tight budget. While there are many different materials and qualities of vaults to choose from, you can get basic ones for as little as $300-$350.
5. Customization- If you want a specific design, engraving or lettering on the urn vault that is possible because these features are customizable. Every family wants to say goodbye to the dear departed soul in a special way and wants to ensure that they have a good final resting place. This is why customization becomes an important aspect when it comes to choosing urn vaults.
If you have any questions regarding burial, or our cemetery services feel free to contact our dedicated staff at Willowbrook Cemetery at 203-222-8646 or reach out via our online form.