What Are The Different Burial Options?
Deciding on which type of burial to opt for is quite a personal decision and every family has very specific needs and ideas when it comes to making these choices. Here we look at the different burial options available today:
Six Types of Burial Options
- In-Ground Burial - This is the most conventional burial option that involves a casket and is typically marked by a memorial as well. These burials are generally preceded by a custom funeral service too.
- Above-Ground Burials in Community Mausoleums - Public mausoleums/community mausoleums are above-ground buildings that memorialize multiple individuals. This type of a mausoleum provides a secure enclosure that stays dry and completely clean without allowing the vault or casket to come into direct contact with the earth.
- Above Ground Burial in Lawn Crypts - A lawn crypt is a two-person burial option. This above-ground solution remains dry and is available for one person as well.
- Above Ground Burial in Private Mausoleums - Family mausoleums are distinctive, above-ground, private structures. They are typically used to become the final resting place of multiple members of the same family.
- Natural Burial - This is also referred to as an eco-friendly burial. No embalming fluid, casket, or even a burial vault is used. Instead, the mortal remains are placed right into the earth, and the body is allowed to decompose naturally.
If you are pre-planning your final arrangements or need to organize them for a loved one who has passed, these are the burial options to choose from. You can discuss your requirements with the funeral director or cemetery staff to better determine which options suits your needs.
If you want to know about cemeteries or need to book a space, just give us at Willowbrook Cemetery a call on 203-222-8646 or contact us through our online form and we will get back to you within the shortest possible time.