Ways To Personalize Your Loved One's Gravesite
After the death of a loved one, if you have opted for a burial, there are different ways to honor the memory of that person. While some people make donations to the person's favorite charity, others choose to honor their loved one by personalizing their gravesite.
There are many different ways in which you can keep the person's memory alive by decorating the gravesite, such as:
- Plant fresh flowers in front of the gravestone as this is one of the best ways to brighten up the spot. If your loved one had some favorite flowers, you could plant them at the gravesite. It is a great way of honoring their memory, and the blooms will remind you of them every time you see the flowers.
- You can also place framed photographs by the gravesite. This is a good way of memorizing your loved one, and it also becomes a visual memorial to anyone that visits the place to pay their respects after the funeral service.
- Flags are another way of personalizing a gravesite, especially if the decedent had served in the military and was a veteran.
- A funeral wreath can also be placed at the gravesite. You can opt for a customized wreath with ribbons and flowers or any other materials as well. Look for something that would be weather-resistant and would not become damaged by the UV Rays of the sun or exposure to the elements.
- You can also place handwritten notes by the gravesite on simple piece of paper or handmade paper. Make sure that they are secured properly to the gravesite. It is a good way of expressing your feelings about the loved one who has left you.
If you want to know about cemeteries or need to book a space, just give us at Willowbrook Cemetery a call on 203-222-8646 or contact us through our online form and we will respond within the shortest possible time.