Can I Personalize A Graveside Service?
While there are many different ways of conducting the last rites of a person that has passed away, traditional funeral services will always be around. Many people find comfort in the process as it provides a specific framework while dealing with the situation that you don't have much experience with.
- However, how people conduct funeral services and graveside services has changed significantly over the years. Many people want the funeral service to be more meaningful and add a personalized touch to it as well as the graveyard service. Here are some ways in which you can do this.
- You can always add a personal touch to the urn or casket, by placing some personal items of the deceased person around them. There is no limit to what you can do to personalize this aspect of the service. Anything that gives you some solace and has an emotional link will work.
- You can also play some music or melodies during the graveside service. Traditionally silence used to be an intrinsic aspect of funerals. However, you can always play songs or music that the decedent particularly liked.
- Place framed photographs as well as beautiful flowers by the graveside.
- How you mourn the loss of a loved one does not have to be restricted by norms for traditions. When you personalize the graveyard service, it allows you to move into a better frame of mind and focus on all the good memories that you have about that person.
As you can see, there are many different ways to personalize a graveyard service. If you want to know about cemeteries or need to book a space, just give us at Willowbrook Cemetery a call on 203 222 8646 or contact us through our online form and we will revert within the shortest possible time.