Ideas for Memorializing your Loved One After the Service
When a person you are very close to passes, you want to keep their memory alive and feel that keeping their belongings is a way to keep them close to your heart. There are many different ways to honor the memory of a loved one and we at Willowbrook Cemetery believe that there are many different ways to memorialize your loved one after the service.
Unique Memorialization Ideas
There are different ways to personalize a service and here are some ideas:
- You can place photo collages and other memorabilia of the person and create a unique space at the venue where you are conducting the funeral service. Ask family members to add the things they want there.
- Design some creative memorial jewelry; for example, you can include some strands of your loved one’s hair in a ring or pendant. Many spouses feel closer to their loved one when they use that jewelry.
- Many people also like the idea of having some living feature like a tree in the memory of their moved one. It’s an eco-friendly way to memorialize a loved one. In case the person has been cremated, you can bury the urn and plant a tree above it. A flowering or fruiting tree is a great way to keep the memory of your loved one alive.
- If the person had a favorite charity, you can make a donation it to or do some volunteering work in their name.
- In addition, you can commission some artwork by hiring an artist who can capture your love and feelings for the deceased. Hang the artwork in your house as a reminder of the person.
We at Willowbrook Cemetery can provide the kind of funeral services you like. For more information on funerals and other related things contact us or register on our website.