5 Common Misconceptions about Pre-Planning Your Funeral
Although talking about dying isn’t easy, the emotional benefits of planning your funeral outweigh any discomfort you might experience.
Common Misconceptions About Preplanning
At Willowbrook Cemetery, we have seen that people have a lot of misconceptions about this process and the things involved in it. Here, we take a look at what these are:
- I'm too Young to Preplan - This is quite a common argument people have and they believe that preplanning is for older individuals. The truth of the matter is that no one can predict when they will die and its best to preplan sooner than later.
- It's Too Stressful - It’s true that the thought of preplanning your funeral might cause you some stress. Nevertheless, once you preplan your funeral you will have peace of mind knowing that your family members won’t be burdened with handling all aspects of it. In addition, your funeral will be conducted in line with your wishes and personality.
- It's Too Time-Consuming - This is a very easy lie we tell ourselves about many things. When you go to a credible funeral home, they will help simplify the process for you.
- Those Who Are Financially Secure Don’t Need To Preplan - It excellent to be in good financial health but there are certain benefits to preplanning. It helps you plan all aspects of your funeral in line with your wishes. It’s also a good way to cover the possibility of any unforeseen change in your financial security.
- I Am Stuck To That Funeral Home And Might Lose My Money If I Relocate - Most funeral homes give you the option to transfer your contract to another one, in case you relocate. There might be a fee involved, but in most cases, it is possible.
If you need any information about the cemetery in your community, we will answer all your queries at Willowbrook Cemetery, and don’t hesitate to contact us.