How Do You Say Good-Bye?
When someone very close to you, passes away, saying goodbye isn’t easy. It can be tough to come to terms with your loss and move on. At Willowbrook Cemetery, we know that healing takes time and there is no set period for this phase to happen. Every person grieves differently and heals at a different pace as well. How you say your final goodbyes to your loved one could be very different from someone else.
Some Ways To Say Goodbye
There is never a set way to say goodbye to someone that has left you for his or her heavenly abode. Each person has different essentialities and that means you need to do things that work for you in the healing process. These are some things to consider doing:
- Write a heartfelt goodbye letter. There are times when people have to express the things they are feeling and you can do so by reading out the letter at the funeral or memorial service.
- Even the action of writing the letter can kickstart the healing process and help you move through the stages of grief.
- Make a scrapbook or album with various stories, notes and pictures or any other details you like. The book will become a memento of sorts that you can revisit and look at later as well.
- Song and music also have a healing quality and you can use these mediums to pay your tribute to your loved one.
- Take some time off from all your responsibilities and daily activities to pay some attention to yourself and your healing while remembering your loved one.
- You can donate money or volunteer at a charitable institution the person preferred.
These are just some of the things you can do to say a thoughtful goodbye to your loved one. If you need any information about the cemetery in your community, we will answer all your queries at Willowbrook Cemetery, and don’t hesitate to contact us.