What Do I Do With The Ashes After Cremation?
After cremation, you will be given the ashes of your loved one. You have the option to keep the ashes in an urn or any other container of your choice.
Different Options To Put Ashes After Cremation
Sometimes, people don’t know what they can do with the ashes. It’s why the experts at Willowbrook Cemetery have put together this information:
- You can put the ashes in an urn of your preference and keep it on the mantle, a table or a shelf.
- The other option is to keep it in a private space like a bedroom or home office.
- Another option is to place the urn in a columbarium at the cemetery. This structure is built to house urns and has niches in the walls where these can be placed. The niches are covered with glass and have plaques where you can engrave your loved one’s name.
- Some churches and funeral homes also have these structures on their premises.
- The other option is to bury the urn with the ashes at a cemetery.
- There are different types of urns available- some are elaborate while others are simple and made with biodegradable materials.
- Many families scatter the ashes at sea or some outdoor location like the mountains. You need to check local laws before scattering ashes in any of these places.
As you can see, there are many different ways to either store or dispose of the ashes after cremation which is becoming a popular disposition choice today.
Our experts at Willowbrook Cemetery are here to answer all your queries about what you can do with the ashes after cremation. If you have any questions about our beautiful cemetery or purchasing a plot, please contact us and discuss your requirements with our team.