What Do I Do With The Ashes After Cremation?
Friday, August 20, 2021
After cremation, you will be given the ashes of your loved one. You have the option to keep the ashes in an urn or any other container of your choice.
Different Options To Put Ashes After Cremation
Sometimes, people don’t know what they can do with the ashes. It’s why the experts at Willowbrook Cemetery have put together this information:
- You can put the ashes in an urn of your preference and keep it on the mantle, a table or a shelf.
- The other option is to keep it in a private space like a bedroom or home office.
- Another option is to place the urn in a columbarium at the cemetery. This structure is built to house urns and has niches in the walls where these can be placed. The niches are covered with glass and have plaques where you can engrave your loved one’s name.
- Some churches and funeral homes also have these structures on their premises.
- The other option is to bury the urn with the ashes at a cemetery.
- There are different types of urns available- some are elaborate while others are simple and made with biodegradable materials.
- Many families scatter the ashes at sea or some outdoor location like the mountains. You need to check local laws before scattering ashes in any of these places.
As you can see, there are many different ways to either store or dispose of the ashes after cremation which is becoming a popular disposition choice today.
Our experts at Willowbrook Cemetery are here to answer all your queries about what you can do with the ashes after cremation. If you have any questions about our beautiful cemetery or purchasing a plot, please contact us and discuss your requirements with our team.
Creative Ideas For Funeral Services
Funeral services are a time-honored tradition for honoring and celebrating the lives of our loved ones who have passed away. While traditional funeral services are still popular, there are now more...
Cremation - The Advantages and Disadvantages
Cremation is a funeral practice that involves reducing the body of a deceased person to ashes through burning. In recent years, it has become an increasingly popular choice for end-of-life services...
Benefits of Planning Your Funeral While You’re Still Alive
Death is an inevitable part of life, and planning for your funeral may not be something you want to consider. However, at Willowbrook Cemetery, we believe there are many benefits to planning your f...
7 Unique Ways to Memorialize a Loved One
At Willowbrook Cemetery, we have seen how families struggle to cope with the passing of a loved one. We strongly believe that when you find a unique way to memorialize a loved one, you honor them a...
5 Memorable Ways To Honor Your Loved One Once They’ve Passed On
Losing a loved one is never easy. Despite having said their final goodbyes, the inevitability of death can leave a person feeling empty. Even if your loved one is no longer physically present, they...
7 Funeral Etiquette Tips You Need to Know
Death has been referred to as the last taboo: the one topic that many don't want to contemplate, much less discuss, more than any other. Funerals do occur, and how we behave and what we say before,...
Building The Perfect Video Memorial For Your Loved One
We at Willowbrook Cemetery think a video memorial is a beautiful way to remember a loved one who has passed. The pain of loss and the helplessness we may feel in the face of our sorrow is a well-kn...
Coping with Memories of Grief and Loss During Hannukah
Even while the holidays are a powerful reminder of our losses, they are also an appropriate time to remember and celebrate the lives of those we have lost. Dealing with a loss during Hannukah can h...
Care Essentials While Grieving The Loss Of A Loved One
Grieving the loss of a loved one may sometimes test even the strongest of people. Experiencing loss is a personal journey everyone must do on their terms. Willowbrook Cemetery knows how difficult i...
Remembering A Loved One At Thanksgiving
When we still mourn the loss of a beloved one as the Thanksgiving holiday season approaches, everything seems different, as if the world were turned upside down. We are frequently expected to conti...